July 20 - 21, 2023
12:00 – 4:00 pm NGFA Safety, Health and Environmental Quality Committee Meeting
12:00 – 6:00 pm CONVEY’23 Registration
12:00 – 6:00 pm CONVEY’23 Exhibitor Setup
7:00 am Registration | Breakfast in Trade Show
8:00 am Welcome and Introductions … Jess McCluer, NGFA and Glen Gudino, GEAPS Media Group
8:05 am Human Organizational Performance | No Video
“We know that people make mistakes, yet many of our safety programs are based on the goal of having
zero incidents. What if there is a different way to look at workplace safety? We will explore that in this presentation.”
9:15 am Break in Trade Show
9:45 am Heat Injury and Illness Best Practices … Panel Discussion | Video
• Dawn Moninger, EHS Director, J.D. Heiskell, Omaha, NE | Bio | Presentation Slides
This panel discussion will focus on employee training and how businesses are monitoring the heat index, watching for the signs of heat-related illness, and taking preventive action.
This session will focus on the National Fire Protection Association’s consolidation of all combustible dust standards into a single comprehensive standard and the impact it will have on the dust hazard analysis used in the ag and food manufacturing industry.
11:45 am Lunch in Trade Show Area
1:30 pm Fumigation Best Practices … Panel Discussion | Video
• Moderator: Perry Nettles, South Regional Manager, Ecolab, Bono, AR
• Blake Buckner, Director of Operations, Degesch America Inc., Weyers Cave, VA
• Justin Moses, District Manager, Ecolab, Salina, KS
• Pete Mueller, Manager, Fumigation Service & Supply, Inc., Westfield, IN
• Todd Wilhelm, Sales Manager, UPL, Indianapolis, IN
This session will address effective techniques to limit insect infestation in grain storage.
2:30 pm Grain Elevator Operations Best Practices … Panel Discussion | Video
• Moderator: Brad Perry, Operations Manager, The Scoular Co., Omaha, NE
• Matt Richardson, EHS Director, Cargill, Omaha, NE
• Jeff Jones, VP Operations, MKC, Moundridge, KS
• Chuck Kunisch, Safety Director, Michigan Agricultural Commodities, Marlette, MI
This panel discussion will provide recommendations on how to effectively conduct a wide range of operating practices in timely and cost-effective manners, including housekeeping, maintenance, grain storage and minimizing fugitive dust emissions.
3:30 pm Break in Trade Show
4:00 pm Reliability Maintenance … Panel Discussion | Video
• Moderator: Edward LaPreze, CMRT, Sales/Marketing Director, Pepper Maintenance, Milo, MO
Bio | Presentation Slides
• Brian Grimm, Director – SH&E, Bartlett, A Savage Company, Kansas City, MO | Bio
A comprehensive discussion about past experiences and best practices to keep facility operating with less downtime and improved uptime.
5:00 – 7:00 pm Reception in Trade Show
7:00 am Breakfast in Trade Show
8:00 am Welcome and Introductions
This session will focus on the application and use of equipment outside of standard hazard monitoring systems for a facility’s grain hazard monitoring program including layers of protection, safeguards, and the concept of “Last Line of Defense.”
9:00 am Rail Safety Training | Video
This session will address how to mitigate hazards in the rail yard that could potentially cause harm to personnel, equipment, or commodity.
10:00 am Break in Trade Show
11:45 am Adjourn